6. Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
7. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
25. Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?
26. Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?
27. Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?
28. And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:
29. And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
30. Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?
31. Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
32. (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
33. But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
34. Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Worrying is something that we all tend to do. We worry about what our friends will think of us when we witness to them, how we are going to pay the bills, what we are going to wear tomorrow, how we are going to earn a living. We also worry about [the coming] persecution of believers and the rise of the New World Order antichrist system. Worrying is not of God. Worrying means that you do not trust God fully. It is impossible to have the abundant life (Jn. 10:10) if you worry about everything.
“Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?” (Matt 6:25). Your life is more than food and clothes and money. God knows that you need these things. Why do you worry when God knows everything you need. There is no reason at all for you to worry. “Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?” (Matt 6:27). Since when has worrying gotten you anywhere? When has worrying helped solve your problems? Worrying does not help you and cannot help you. Worrying does nothing but waste your time and energy
“But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.” (Matt 6:33)
Instead of worrying, you should seek after God and His righteousness, and He will give you the things that you need. You need to seek after the things of the kingdom of God with your WHOLE heart, and seek after His righteousness AT ALL TIMES (This means getting rid of all your “pet” sins.), He will give you everything you need. Not everything you desire, but everything you NEED.
“Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.” (Phil 4:6). Don’t worry about anything. It will not help you. Instead, pray and ask the Lord for guidance, while thanking Him for what He has done for you in the past. Remembering what He has done for you will help show you that you have no reason to worry. “And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus” (Phil 4:7). When you do these instead of worrying, you will receive the peace of God which passeth all understanding. Would you rather worry or have peace in your life?
Therefore, we must not worry. If you find yourself worrying about something, turn it over to the Lord and let Him worry about it. “Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.” (1 Pet 5:7). If you worry, then you don’t have faith. And without faith it is impossible to please Him. “But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.” (Heb 11:6)
The Word of God, the Holy Bible, declares worrying to be sin. However, just like any other sin, God is willing to forgive you. We are all sinners, we have all violated God’s law, myself included. “There is none righteous, no, not one.” Romans 3:10. God’s Son Jesus Christ died for ALL of your sins, and will forgive you if you will turn from your sin and turn to Him. To learn how to obtain God’s forgiveness, click here.