After careful consideration, I have come to the decision that this ministry cannot endorse the person and ministry of the late Jack Hyles. (Neither can I endorse that of his successor and son-in-law, Jack Schapp, who was recently outed for adultery with a minor.) The sins, heresies, and cult-like manipulation have been well documented. Therefore, I do not intend to write an expose of Hyles. The testimonies below give ample documentation.
If you are a Hyles supporter, I’m not against you. No doubt many good Christians and pastors have come out of First Baptist Church of Hammond, and Hyles-Anderson College. I hope and pray that a new pastor is found that will return FBCH to the Bible alone and to Christ alone. I am 100% for Jesus Christ. We should not be exalting our pastors, no matter how anointed they may be.
- Linda (Hyles) Murphey, daughter of Jack Hyles
- Paula Hyles, Jack Hyles’ former daugher-in-law
- Robert Sumner, The Biblical Evangelist
- Dr. Roger Voegtlin, Pastor, Fairhaven Baptist Church, Chesterton, IN
- Why I’m Not 100% for Jack Hyles. (6/25/89)